President Muhammadu Buhari has celebrated a veteran actor, Richard Mofe-Damijo, who turned 60 on Tuesday.
In a statement signed by its spokesman, Femi Adesina, the President joined the entertainment industry in celebrating with renowned actor, writer and movie producer.
The statement reads: “President Muhammadu Buhari joins the entertainment industry in celebrating with renowned actor, writer and movie producer, Richard Mofe-Damijo, RMD, on his 6oth birthday, rejoicing with family members, friends and colleagues of the stage and screen star on the milestone occasion.
“The President congratulates the veteran actor, who is also a lawyer, on his many achievements in the entertainment industry, winning national and international awards that brought glory to the local film industry, and placed the country in the global limelight.
“President Buhari notes the contributions of RMD to the field of community and development communications, culture, tourism and journalism, working in the public service as a former Commissioner of Culture and Tourism, preceded by serving as Special Adviser on Culture and Tourism in Delta State.
“The President believes the Nigerian entertainment industry has successfully earned a reputable place in the world through hardworking and dedicated professionals, whose tenacity, creativity and resilience continue to attract and sustain viewers on the beauty and cultural diversity of the country.
“President Buhari felicitates with Nollywood on the joyous event of RMD’s birthday, praying that God will continue to bless and strengthen the actor and his family.”
- UNILORIN VC seeks upgrade of molecular lab to public health lab
- Naira, Fuel, scarcity take shine off 44th Kaduna International Trade Fair
- I paid ₦1,000 for litre– Oshiomhole laments fuel scarcity, price
- Tems wins Grammy award
- Kwara South Group Drums Support For ADC Reps candidate, Gbenga Power
- Kwara Governor Mourns As Ex-Women Affairs Commissioner Dies In Auto-Crash
- Naira Redesign: How CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele deceived Buhari— Oshiomhole
- Emir of Ilorin salutes Gov. Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq at 63
- Entrepreneurs count losses over scarcity of new Naira notes
- Buhari has indeed subdued Boko Haram — Buratai