President Muhammadu Buhari has commended the harmonious relationship between the executive and legislature.
Buhari who spoke at the presentation of the 2021 budget estimates to the Joint Session of the National Assembly on Thursday in Abuja, stressed the need to further deepen the relationship.
“Mr Senate President, Mr Speaker, distinguished and honourable members, let me use this opportunity to, again, commend your firm commitment towards ensuring a very harmonious and productive relationship with the executive.’’
Buhari said that he believed the legislative process would be expedited to ensure its prompt passage to sustain the restoration of a predictable January – December fiscal year.
The president said he has directed all Ministers and Heads of Agencies to be personally available for budget defence.
“Let me re-emphasise that Nigerians expect that the 2021 budget will contain only implementable and critical projects, which when completed, will significantly address current structural challenges of the economy.
He commended the National Assembly for its support in steering the nation’s economy in this very challenging times, while expressing commitment to sustaining the partnership.
According to him, we believe that as we work together, we will jointly deliver on our joint mandate to our people.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign