The Special Assistant on Public Communications to former Vice President, Atiku Abubakar, Mr.
Phrank Shuaibu, has asked President Muhammadu Buhari not to waste taxpayers’ money by using the presidential jet to campaign.
Shuaibu said this on Sunrise Daily, a Channels Television programme.
He said since Buhari had admitted that the economy had failed under his watch, he should stop wasting tax payers’ money on campaigns and throw in the towel.
READ ALSO: Resign since you can’t fix economy, Atiku tells Buhari
Shuaibu said, “He has come out to say he has failed and it has nothing to do with our party. You know as well that here is a man that was sworn in on May 29, 2015 and inaugurated his cabinet after 166 days, leaving the economy in the hands of the Central Bank of Nigeria and he left many things unattended to and we slipped into a recession which we hadn’t seen since 1991.
“So, saying the PDP is his problem is completely out of context.
“Why waste tax payers’ money to go into an election? So that he will spend money junketing from one place to the other? Using our presidential jet and tax payer’s money to fund it? Impossible! Let us leave the country to more serious people to run.”
- FG lost N113m over Abuja-Kaduna railway closure – NRC
- Aisha Buhari withdraws case against critic Aminu Mohammed
- INEC announces dates for PVCs collection
- Ronaldo denies reports he swore at Portugal coach over substitution
- Lagos marks International Day of Persons with Disabilities
- Soludo presents appointment letters to 5, 000 newly recruited teachers in Anambra
- Again, INEC office set ablaze in Imo
- No end to fuel scarcity — Oil marketers
- Naira depreciates marginally, exchanges at 445.83 to dollar
- YABATECH suspends ‘students’ week’ over shooting incident on campus