The Special Assistant on Public Communications to former Vice President, Atiku Abubakar, Mr.
Phrank Shuaibu, has asked President Muhammadu Buhari not to waste taxpayers’ money by using the presidential jet to campaign.
Shuaibu said this on Sunrise Daily, a Channels Television programme.
He said since Buhari had admitted that the economy had failed under his watch, he should stop wasting tax payers’ money on campaigns and throw in the towel.
READ ALSO: Resign since you can’t fix economy, Atiku tells Buhari
Shuaibu said, “He has come out to say he has failed and it has nothing to do with our party. You know as well that here is a man that was sworn in on May 29, 2015 and inaugurated his cabinet after 166 days, leaving the economy in the hands of the Central Bank of Nigeria and he left many things unattended to and we slipped into a recession which we hadn’t seen since 1991.
“So, saying the PDP is his problem is completely out of context.
“Why waste tax payers’ money to go into an election? So that he will spend money junketing from one place to the other? Using our presidential jet and tax payer’s money to fund it? Impossible! Let us leave the country to more serious people to run.”
- 2020 Hajj: Saudi retains 95, 000 slots for Nigeria
- Saudi compensates 2015 crane crash victims
- BREAKING…. Anthony Joshua beats Andy Ruiz Jr in Saudi Arabia
- SAD… Reinhard Bonnke dies at 79
- Bureau of statistics releases new corruption rate ratio in Nigeria
- BREAKING…. Court sentences two ‘Yahoo Yahoo’ boys to 6months jailterm in Ilorin
- Everton fires Manager, Marco Silva
- Nigeria will soon be self-sufficient in rice production— Minister
- Minister launches NAVSA, to create 6million jobs in 10yrs
- Committee of CMDs raises alarm over impending problems