The president, in a congratulatory message issued by his spokesman, Malam Garba Shehu, in Abuja on Sunday, described Smith as an outstanding officer who had served Nigeria with great zeal.
According to him, as the chairman of the PSC, Smith bears the tremendous responsibility of modernising the police force in a way that reflects the hopes and aspirations of the citizens.
He wished the former Inspector-General of Police (I-G) and ex-head of the Lagos State Security Council the very best in carrying out his task at the PSC.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections