The president, in a congratulatory message issued by his spokesman, Malam Garba Shehu, in Abuja on Sunday, described Smith as an outstanding officer who had served Nigeria with great zeal.
According to him, as the chairman of the PSC, Smith bears the tremendous responsibility of modernising the police force in a way that reflects the hopes and aspirations of the citizens.
He wished the former Inspector-General of Police (I-G) and ex-head of the Lagos State Security Council the very best in carrying out his task at the PSC.
- Opinion: Peter Obi and the Obidient’s futile effort faking Sultan’s endorsement
- New Naira Notes: Police begins patrol of banks in Kwara
- Naira redesign: Customers urge CBN to sanction banks not paying N20,000 over the counter
- Fuel scarcity: IPMAN laments inability to source products
- Gov. Akeredolu swears in new chief judge, 4 high court judges
- Two suspects arrested for possessing, selling counterfeit N1000 notes
- Nigerian Actress enters trouble for spraying, stepping on new naira notes
- TINUBU’S CAMPAIGN SHUTS DOWN EKITI, SAYS NOTHING CAN STOP APC’S VICTORY
- 2023: Muslim Media Watch Urges Security Agencies To Fine-Tune Strategies
- IGP orders arrest, prosecution of sellers of new naira note