The only surviving sister of President Muhammadu Buhari, Hajiya Rakiya Adamu, on Wednesday appealed to Nigerians to pray for the President, instead of spreading rumours about his health.
The 84-year-old said the President needed the prayers of every Nigerian for him to succeed in the task of addressing the problems facing the nation.
She said that President Buhari being a mortal was bound to fall ill or even die “at any time his creator wishes.”
According to her, she speaks with the president daily since his departure to London on annual leave and he is in high spirits.
She added that “I just returned from the lesser Hajj and even while in Saudi Arabia, I was communicating with him daily.’’
The president’s sister, popularly called Amadodo, said that while in Saudi Arabia, she communicated with Buhari every 10 hours.
A cross section of people in the ancient city of Daura, Katsina State, expressed dismay over how some Nigerians spread rumours about the president’s health.
The Northwest Organising Secretary of All Progressives Congress, Alhaji Abdulrahman Daura, described the rumoured death and state of health of the president as baseless and unfounded.
Daura said “Buhari is in good health and is only conducting routine medical check-up in the United Kingdom.”
He advised those spreading such rumours to always be constructive and avoid campaign of hate and calumny, adding that “it is only God that gives health and takes life.”
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections