President Muhammadu Buhari has listed some projects Nigerians should expect to come upstream by 2020.
This was part of the President’s New Year message he personally signed and made available to on January 1.
Buhari said, “To recapitulate, some of the projects Nigerians should expect to come upstream from 2020 include:
“47 road projects scheduled for completion in 2020/21, including roads leading to ports.
“Major bridges including substantial work on the Second Niger Bridge.
“Completion of 13 housing estates under the National Housing Project Plan.
;”Lagos, Kano, Maiduguri and Enugu international airports to be commissioned in 2020.
“Launching of an agricultural rural mechanisation scheme that will cover 700 local governments over a period of three years.
“Launching of the Livestock Development Project Grazing Model in Gombe State where 200,000 hectares of land has been identified.
“Training of 50,000 workers to complement the country’s 7,000 extension workers.
“Commissioning of the Lagos – Ibadan and Itakpe – Warri rail lines in the first quarter.
“Commencement of the Ibadan – Abuja and Kano – Kaduna rail lines also in the first quarter.
“Further liberalisation of the power sector to allow businesses to generate and sell power.
“Commencement of the construction of the Mambilla Power project by the first half of 2020; and Commencement of the construction of the AKK gas pipeline, OB3 gas pipeline and the expansion of the Escravos – Lagos pipeline in the first quarter of 2020.”
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections