Another aide of President Muhammadu Buhari, Warrant Officer Lawal Mato, is dead. Mato died on Tuesday after struggling with diabetes for three years.
In a statement by his Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, the president said Mato had been working with him for many years before he won the 2015 election.
The President described the officer as a “very thorough, trustworthy and dependable soldier who carried out his duty with diligence and focus”.
The statement added, “Mato was part of a team that former President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua restored to President Buhari as personal security and he had been off full duty for three years, treating diabetes.”
Buhari prayed that God would ease Mato’s passage to paradise and grant his family, government and people of Jigawa State the fortitude to bear the loss.
- Fuel scarcity worsens, bites harder in FCT
- No new CP in Lagos state, says Police command
- Osun Tribunal: Sanwo-Olu congratulates Oyetola
- New Naira: Tight security at banks against customers’ attack
- Emir of Bauchi’s brother found dead
- PHOTO NEWS: FG empowers women in Kebbi
- Gov. Adeleke reacts to tribunal’s judgement, vows to appeal
- BREAKING….Ademola Adeleke sacked as Osun Governor
- Kebbi assembly deputy speaker, 5 other resign appointments
- Adamawa guber candidate dies