Another aide of President Muhammadu Buhari, Warrant Officer Lawal Mato, is dead. Mato died on Tuesday after struggling with diabetes for three years.
In a statement by his Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, the president said Mato had been working with him for many years before he won the 2015 election.
The President described the officer as a “very thorough, trustworthy and dependable soldier who carried out his duty with diligence and focus”.
The statement added, “Mato was part of a team that former President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua restored to President Buhari as personal security and he had been off full duty for three years, treating diabetes.”
Buhari prayed that God would ease Mato’s passage to paradise and grant his family, government and people of Jigawa State the fortitude to bear the loss.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign