President Muhammadu Buhari has approved the appointment of Garba Abubakar as the substantive Registrar-General of the Corporate Affairs Commission, CAC.
Until his appointment, Mr Abubakar was the Director, Compliance at the commission.
The appointment was contained in a letter signed on Tuesday by the Chief of Staff to the President, Abba Kyari, to the Ministry of Industry, Trade and Investment, through the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, OSGF.
The letter also conveyed the appointment of Mr Ademola Razak Seriki as the Chairman, Governing Board of the commission.
The letter read in part: “President Muhammadu Buhari has approved the appointment of Garba Abubakar as the substantive Registrar-General of the Corporate Affairs Commission, CAC.
“Kindly note that the tenure of the appointments should be in line with the provisions of the Companies and Allied Matters Act.”
The Code of Conduct Tribunal had ordered the suspension of the immediate past Acting Registrar-General of the commission, Ms Azuka Azinge for not declaring her assets.
The order for the suspension of Azinge was issued on Dec. 24, by the Umar Danladi-led three-man tribunal based on an ex-parte application by the Federal Government, through the Code of Conduct Bureau.
The tribunal directed the Hon Minister of Industry, Trade and Investment to execute the order of suspension to subsist, pending the hearing and determination of the motion on notice dated and filed on Dec. 17.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Kogi Assembly seals Dangote Cement factory
- Kwara NUJ holds Ilorin NBA in friendly match to mark 2022 Press week
- Google announces first Cloud Region in Africa
- Kaduna CP warns against extra judicial killings
- Senate moves to make Nigeria manufacturing country
- Senate exits Customs, FIRS, NCC, others from budget
- Senate confirms 19 RECs, NUPRC Executive Commissioner
- Ijara-Isin monarch hails TIC Chairman on birthday occasion
- Nigeria in Calamitous situation over oil theft, vandalism, others — NNPCL
- Minister, others reject Senate’s bill on proposed innovation agency