President Muhammadu Buhari has commiserated with the Government and people of Kebbi State over loss of many lives, following the capsizing of a boat conveying farmers.
In a condolence message issued by his spokesman, Mr Femi Adesina, on Friday in Abuja, Buhari condoled with families who lost loved ones in the accident.
He urged more prayers for the rescued persons that were still undergoing medical examinations and treatment.
Buhari commended the efforts of rescue workers who worked for days searching for the missing persons.
He, however, called on stakeholders to pay more attention to proper regulation of transportation by boats, especially in rural areas.
President Buhari prayed that the Almighty God would receive the souls of the departed.
- Naira notes: CBN approves Feb. 10 as new deadline
- Buhari tackling problems others ran from– Tinubu
- Solanke-Koya urges Aviation Minister to reject payment of airfare in foreign currency
- Gusau expresses interest to run for Certified Athletic Administrator Presidency
- Lassa fever death rate raises to 13 in Edo
- APC reveals what will happen as Osinbajo absent at Tinubu’s campaign in Lagos
- Peter Obi takes campaign to Borno, promises to end insecurity
- Distribution of 2.83m mosquito nets begin in Ebonyi
- 2023: Groups target 1million votes for Tinubu in Osun
- Gov. Sanwo-Olu purchases 100 cars for Lagos civil servants