President Muhammadu Buhari has approved the naming of some railway stations along the Lagos -Ibadan corridor and others on the Itakpe /Ajaokuta /Aladja-Warri after some deserving Nigerian citizens.
Minister of transportation Rt.Hon.Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi disclosed this in a statement signed by the Director of Press, Eric Ojiekwe.
According to the statement, the deserving citizens have contributed to the progress and development of their respective communities and the nation at large.
The statement noted that, for the Lagos-Ibadan with extension to the Lagos Port Complex at Apapa railway station, the beneficiaries are , Bola Ahmed Tinubu( Apapa station), Mobolaji Johnson(Ebute Metta Station), Babatunde Raji Fashola( Agege station), Lateef Jakande( Agbado station) and Prof.Yemi Osinbajo(Kajola station).
Others are Funmilayo Ransom Kuti(Papalanto station), Prof. Wole Soyinka (Abeokuta station), Segun Osoba(Olodo station), Ladoka Akintola (Omio-Adio station) Chief Obafemi Awolowo (Ibadan station) and Chief Alex Ekwueme( Operation Control Centre).
For the Itakpe-Ajaokuta/Aladja-Warri Railway, the names are , Alhaji Adamu Attah (Itakpe station), Dr. Olushola Saraki(Ajaokuta station), Admiral Augustus Aikhomu(Itogbo station), Brigadier General George Innih (Agenebode station), Anthony Eromosele Enahoro(Uromi station), Chief Tom Ikimi(Ekehen station) and Brig.Gen Samuel Osaigbovo Ogbemudia(rtd), (Igbanke station).
Others according to the statement include; Goodluck Ebele Jonathan
( Agbor station complex), Brigadier General David Ejoor(Abraka station), Micheal Ibru(Opara station), Alfred Rewane(Ujevwu station) and Chief Mike Akhigbe(Railway village ,Agbor).
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Gov. Abdulrazaq, KAMWIRE, Etsu Patigi, others for Kwara NUJ award
- Nigeria/India engages to boost volume of trade, economic activities
- Scandal rocks CCB as commissioners accuse chairman of corruption
- Atala Oil Field: NUPRC under fire in Senate over wrongful re-allocation
- 62 National Day, Sen. Enang urges Nigerians to keep hope alive
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)