President Muhammadu Buhari on Wednesday in Abuja chaired the maiden virtual meeting of the Federal Executive Council (FEC), where he “unveiled” Prof. Ibrahim Gambari as his new Chief of Staff (CoS).
The virtual meeting, the first of its kind in the history of the Federal Executive Council, was held at the Council Chamber of the Presidential Villa.
The meeting involved Vice-President, Yemi Osinbajo and the Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), Boss Mustapha, and some of the cabinet ministers.
The Head of Service, Folashade Yemi-Esan, was also part of the meeting which they attended directly from their respective offices.
The meeting, which started at about 11:22 a.m., occasioned by the prevailing coronavirus pandemic in the country, was conducted in line with the basic COVID-19 protocol of social distancing.
A former Minister of Foreign Affairs, Professor Ibrahim Gambari, whose news of appointment as the new Chief of Staff (CoS) to President Buhari went viral in the traditional and new media outfits, was seen at the meeting’s venue.
NAN reports that a one-minute silence was observed in honour of the late Malam Abba Kyari and some former members of the cabinet before the commencement of the meeting.
During the meeting, the SGF formally announced Gambari as the new CoS to the President.
Gambari took his official seat as Chief of Staff to the President immediately after his introduction by the SGF.
- Emir of Bauchi’s brother found dead
- PHOTO NEWS: FG empowers women in Kebbi
- Gov. Adeleke reacts to tribunal’s judgement, vows to appeal
- BREAKING….Ademola Adeleke sacked as Osun Governor
- Kebbi assembly deputy speaker, 5 other resign appointments
- Adamawa guber candidate dies
- Lawyer sues CBN, seeks extension of deadline for old naira notes
- CBN unveils domestic card to strengthen payments system
- SHOCKING… Governor loses son
- Banks in Ogun applauded over circulation of new naira notes