President Muhammadu Buhari on Saturday reacted to the sudden death of Nigeria’s Ambassador to Qatar, Mr. Abdullahi Bawa Wase.
The president expressed his sadness over the passing of the Ambassador in a statement issued by his Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Malam Garba Shehu, in Abuja.
The statement reads, “While extending his condolences to the family members, the government and people of Plateau, Buhari praised the roles played by the late Wase in conflict resolution efforts in Plateau.
“Buhari recalled that, even before his appointment as Ambassador, Wase was very prominently involved in community peace activism.
“He, therefore, prayed to Allah to forgive the sins of the late Ambassador and grant his family the fortitude to bear the loss.”
DAILY POST reports that Wase, a non-career ambassador from Plateau, died after a protracted illness on Friday night.
The remains of the deceased had since been buried in Doha, Qatar, at about 7.p.m (local time).
- Naira depreciates marginally, exchanges at 445.83 to dollar
- YABATECH suspends ‘students’ week’ over shooting incident on campus
- Again Twitter suspends Kanye’s account for violating rules
- Osun: Adeleke’s emergence as Gov divine– Traditional worshippers
- Aisha Buhari now wears dress meant for 3 people– Solomon Dalung
- A’Ibom YPP Guber Candidate Jailed For 42Yrs
- Abuja-Kaduna train service resumes Dec. 5– FG
- Angry youths set ablaze Iree Oba’s Palace in Osun
- Oyetola left N76bn debt, says Osun Govt
- Gov Ademola frowns at delay in Nov salary, issues ultimatum