President Muhammadu Buhari has written to the Senate seeking the confirmation of the nomination of some National Commissioners and Resident Electoral Commissioners to replace the outgoing ones.
The nominees include Malam Mohammed Haruna from Niger State as the North Central – National Commissioner, Mrs May Agbamuche Mbu, Delta State, South South National Commissioner; and Okeagu Kenneth Nnamdi, Abia State, South East National Commissioner.
Also appointed are Major General A.B. Alkali (retd.) – Adamawa State, North East, National Commissioner; Professor Rada H. Gumus, Bayelsa State, South South, National Commissioner; Mr. Sam Olumeku, Ondo State, South West, National Commissioner; and Olaniyi Olaleye Ijalaye, Ondo State, South West (Resident Electoral Commissioner).
Mbu was appointed to replace his earlier nomination of Lauretta Onochie, which was rejected by the Senate.
President Buhari also sent the names of nominees of commissioners for the National Population Commission.
They are Mr. Benedict Opong, Mrs Gloria Izofor, Barr. Mrs Patricia O. Iyayan Kuchi, Dr. Bala Haliru, and Dr Iyatayo Oyetunbi.
- Businesses crumble in Kaduna as traders lament scarcity of new, old naira notes
- Adeleke directs immediate payment of arrears of half salaries for civil servants
- INEC speaks on PVC safety as gunmen burn Anambra office
- Fuel scarcity: IPMAN assures petrol will be available in two weeks
- Why we are fighting corruption — Lai Mohammed
- EFCC restates commitments to tackling electoral fraud
- OPINION: As Kunle Akogun Hits Diamond Age
- PHOTO NEWS: Late Emir of Dutse requests to be buried in public cemetery
- N34.1bn generated as IGR in 2022– Kwara Govt
- Buhari inaugurates new MOFI Board, says FG targets N100trn