President Muhammadu Buhari has adjusted the number of years of service of Nigerian teachers from 35 to 40.
He also approved a special salary scale for them in commemoration of the 2020 World Teachers Day, ROYAL NEWS has gathered.
The Minister of Education, Adamu Adamu, represented President Buhari, said the new salary scheme is to motivate teachers for greater productivity and effectiveness in the discharge of their duties.
- No room for deadline extension, JAMB Registrar, Oloyede warns prospective applicants
- VIDEOS+PHOTOS: When Buhari visited Emir of Kano, Aminu Ado Bayero
- Abiola Bawuah becomes UBA CEO in Africa
- INEC investigates viral video of extortion during PVCs collection in Enugu
- Buhari inaugurates 10mw solar plant in Kano State
- Court remands woman for pouring hot water on her co-wife in Kwara
- UNA-USA Ambassador, Lady Tee Thompson applauds KAM Holding for promoting SDGs
- Why I am not allocating land in FCT – Minister
- Nigeria records 244 confirmed cases of Lassa fever, 37 deaths in 16 states and FCT
- 2023: Kwara Hausa/Fulani community adopts NNPP guber candidate