By Olugbenga Salami
President Muhammadu Buhari has sought the confirmation of appointment of Hon. Abike Dabiri-Erewa as the Executive Chairman/Chief Executive Officer of the newly established Nigerian Diaspora Commission.
The President’s request was contained in a letter addressed to the Senate President, Dr. Bukola Saraki and read on the floor of the upper legislative chamber, yesterday in Abuja.
The letter, dated October 24, 2018, reads: “In compliance with Section 2(1) of the Nigerian Diaspora Commission (Establishment) Act, 2017, I write to forward for the confirmation by the Senate, the appointment of Hon. Abike Dabiri-Erewa as the Executive Chairman/CEO of Nigerian Diaspora Commission”.
President Buhari, in the letter, however, pleaded for the senate’s “usual expeditious consideration” in approving the appointee.
Dabiri-Erewa, before the new status, was the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Foreign Affairs and Diaspora. She was also a two time member of the House of Representatives.
Similarly, President Buhari has written to the upper legislative chamber for the confirmation of appointment of Engr. Chidi Izuwah as the Director General of the Infrastructure Concession Regulatory Commission, ICRC.
The letter, dated October 19, 2018, reads: “In compliance with Section 21(1)(a) Infrastructure Concession Regulatory Commission (ICRC) Act, 2010, I hereby forward for the confirmation by the Senate, the nomination of Engr. Chidi K.C. Izuwah as Director General of the Infrastructure Concession Regulatory Commission.
“It is my hope that this request will receive the usual expeditious consideration of the distinguished Senate”.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal
- Multichoice, stakeholders reject pay-per-view for TV
- Money to fix Nigeria stolen on daily basis – ICPC