By Olugbenga Salami
President Muhammadu Buhari has sought the confirmation of appointment of Hon. Abike Dabiri-Erewa as the Executive Chairman/Chief Executive Officer of the newly established Nigerian Diaspora Commission.
The President’s request was contained in a letter addressed to the Senate President, Dr. Bukola Saraki and read on the floor of the upper legislative chamber, yesterday in Abuja.
The letter, dated October 24, 2018, reads: “In compliance with Section 2(1) of the Nigerian Diaspora Commission (Establishment) Act, 2017, I write to forward for the confirmation by the Senate, the appointment of Hon. Abike Dabiri-Erewa as the Executive Chairman/CEO of Nigerian Diaspora Commission”.
President Buhari, in the letter, however, pleaded for the senate’s “usual expeditious consideration” in approving the appointee.
Dabiri-Erewa, before the new status, was the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Foreign Affairs and Diaspora. She was also a two time member of the House of Representatives.
Similarly, President Buhari has written to the upper legislative chamber for the confirmation of appointment of Engr. Chidi Izuwah as the Director General of the Infrastructure Concession Regulatory Commission, ICRC.
The letter, dated October 19, 2018, reads: “In compliance with Section 21(1)(a) Infrastructure Concession Regulatory Commission (ICRC) Act, 2010, I hereby forward for the confirmation by the Senate, the nomination of Engr. Chidi K.C. Izuwah as Director General of the Infrastructure Concession Regulatory Commission.
“It is my hope that this request will receive the usual expeditious consideration of the distinguished Senate”.
- APC reveals what will happen as Osinbajo absent at Tinubu’s campaign in Lagos
- Peter Obi takes campaign to Borno, promises to end insecurity
- Distribution of 2.83m mosquito nets begin in Ebonyi
- 2023: Groups target 1million votes for Tinubu in Osun
- Gov. Sanwo-Olu purchases 100 cars for Lagos civil servants
- Ilorin experiences first rainfall in 2023
- Leeds records 3-1 victory against Accrington Stanley firstly in 7yrs
- Naira notes hardship: Don’t come to Kano yet, Ganduje tells Buhari
- CBN’s Jan. 31 deadline on naira notes unrealistic— Atiku
- CBN deadline: Buhari speaks on reasons for currencies changes