The Senate on Tuesday received a formal request from President Muhammadu Buhari to confirm Mr. Halilu Ahmad Shaba as Director General of the National Space Research and Development Agency.
The request was contained in a letter dated 25th February, 2021, and read during plenary by the Senate President, Ahmad Lawan.
The letter reads in part: “Pursuant to Sections 14(1) and (2) of the National Space Research & Development Agency Act, 2010, I present for confirmation by the Senate the appointment of Mr. Halilu Ahmad Shaba as Director General of the National Space Research & Development Agency”.
In another letter also dated 25th February, 2021, President Buhari requested the Upper Chamber to confirm the appointment of Muhammed Dattijo Usman as Federal Commissioner representing Niger State in the National Polulation Commission.
According to the President, Usman’s nomination was made “in accordance with the provision of Section 154(1) of the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republican of Nigeria (as amended).”
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal
- Multichoice, stakeholders reject pay-per-view for TV
- Money to fix Nigeria stolen on daily basis – ICPC