The Senate on Tuesday received a formal request from President Muhammadu Buhari to confirm Mr. Halilu Ahmad Shaba as Director General of the National Space Research and Development Agency.
The request was contained in a letter dated 25th February, 2021, and read during plenary by the Senate President, Ahmad Lawan.
The letter reads in part: “Pursuant to Sections 14(1) and (2) of the National Space Research & Development Agency Act, 2010, I present for confirmation by the Senate the appointment of Mr. Halilu Ahmad Shaba as Director General of the National Space Research & Development Agency”.
In another letter also dated 25th February, 2021, President Buhari requested the Upper Chamber to confirm the appointment of Muhammed Dattijo Usman as Federal Commissioner representing Niger State in the National Polulation Commission.
According to the President, Usman’s nomination was made “in accordance with the provision of Section 154(1) of the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republican of Nigeria (as amended).”
- Emefiele reveals what will happen to old naira notes after Feb. 10 deadline
- Peace Corps sets for Buhari’s assent to Bill, begins members’ training
- NURTW warns members against rejecting old naira notes
- JAMB opens up on extending registration
- JAMB suspends CBT centre in Kwara for violating rules
- COVID-19 remains International health threat, WHO warns
- 59 confirmed dead and 157 injured in Pakistan mosque bomb blast
- Redesigned notes: Lagos residents groan as scarcity hits hard
- West Ham set up Man United tie by beating Derby
- No room for deadline extension, JAMB Registrar, Oloyede warns prospective applicants