President Muhammadu Buhari, on Wednesday forwarded a formal letter the Senate to confirm Mohammed Bello Shehu as the chairman, Revenue Mobilisation Allocation and Fiscal Commission, RMAFC.
The request was contained in a letter addressed to the Senate President, Dr. Ahmad Lawan and read at the start of plenary.
The letter reads: “In accordance with the provision of Section 154 (1) of the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria as amended, I am pleased to forward for confirmation by the Senate, the appointment of Mohammed Bello Shehu, as the Chairman of the Revenue Mobilisation Allocation and Fiscal Commission.
“His CV is attached herewith.
“It is my hope that the Senate will consider and confirm the nominee in the usual expeditious manner.”
In a related development, the Senate President, has forwarded President Buhari’s request to confirm the nomination of Joe Aniku Michael Ohiani for appointment as Substantive Director-General/CEO for the Infrastructure Concession Regulatory Commission, ICRC to the Committee on Works.
Also forwarded was the President’s request for the confirmation of Umar Yahaya as Co-Chairman of the Governing Council of Unclaimed Funds to the Senate Committee on Banking, Insurance and Other Financial Institutions.
Both nominees are expected to appear before the relevant committees for screening.
The respective committees were given two weeks to report back to the Senate in plenary.
- FG lost N113m over Abuja-Kaduna railway closure – NRC
- Aisha Buhari withdraws case against critic Aminu Mohammed
- INEC announces dates for PVCs collection
- Ronaldo denies reports he swore at Portugal coach over substitution
- Lagos marks International Day of Persons with Disabilities
- Soludo presents appointment letters to 5, 000 newly recruited teachers in Anambra
- Again, INEC office set ablaze in Imo
- No end to fuel scarcity — Oil marketers
- Naira depreciates marginally, exchanges at 445.83 to dollar
- YABATECH suspends ‘students’ week’ over shooting incident on campus