The National Assembly had in December last year passed the 2021 Appropriation Bill to the tune of N13.5trillion.
Speaking after a closed door screening of the Chief of Army Staff, COAS, Major General Farouk Yahahya by the joint Senate Committees on Defence, and Army, Senator Ali Ndume (APC Borno South) expressed the readiness of the legislature to give speedy consideration to the budget
Ndume, who is the chairman, Senate Committee on Army, said: “The President had promised us that he will rejig security architecture which he has done.
“The supplementary budget is before us and we will give it speedy consideration. What we have discussed is in camera and all well and expecting light at the end of tunnel.”
The Chief Army Staff in response after the closed screening session assured that Nigerian Army will continue to do his best to tackle security issue in the country.
The President of the Senate, Dr. Ahmad Lawan, on Thursday, had promised Nigerians that the National Assembly will give speedy approval to the N895billion supplementary budget announced by the Federal Executive Council on Wednesday.
Lawan said this in Abuja while announcing a N10million worth of items donation by the Ninth Senate to the internally displaced persons, IDPs in Abuja as part of activities to mark its two years of inauguration.
He said: “The National Assembly has been doing all it could with the executive arm of government to bring an end to the series of challenges of insecurity confronting the country.
“The Federal Executive Council, as reported in the media on Wednesday, has prepared N895billion supplementary budget to be forwarded to both chambers of the National Assembly for approval.
“Over N700billion from the N895billion supplementary budget is earmarked for tackling all forms of insecurity problems in the country, the very reason the National Assembly will give it expeditious consideration and passage.”
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal