By Olugbenga Salami
President Muhammadu Buhari has notified the Senate of his decision to substitute Chief Olabode Akeem Mustapha with Mrs. Ronke Sokefun as the chairman, Governing Board of the Nigerian Deposit Insurance Corporation, NDIC.
Buhari’s letter on the substitution, dated October 23, 2018 was read yesterday by the Senate President, Dr. Bukola Saraki, on the floor of the upper legislative chamber in Abuja.
The president reminded the senators in the letter that his earlier request for confirmation of the appointment of Chief Olabode Akeem Mustapha as the chairman of the NDIC vide letter dated March 27, is yet to be confirmed by the Senate.
“I now write to inform you of my decision to substitute Chief Olabode Akeem Mustapha with Mrs. Ronke Sokefun as the chairman of the Governing Board”, he stated.
Buhari therefore requested the Senate to consider and confirm the appointment of Sokefun as the chairman of NDIC as well as other members whose names had earlier been forwarded.
He, however, appealed to the upper legislative chamber to treat his request with the usual expeditious consideration.
In a similar development, the president also sought the senate approval for Dr. Kabiru Nakaura from North West as the chairman, board of the National Bureau of Statistics, NBS.
Buhari’s request is contained in another letter dated October 24 and titled, Constitution of the Governing Board of the National Bureau of Statistics”, was read by the Senate President, Dr. Bukola Saraki during plenary.
Those nominated as members of the board are Mr. Akinola I. Basher from South West, Prof. Moses I. Momoh-South South, Wallijoh Danladi Ahijoh -North Central, Adam Modu-North East and Nwafor Paul Chukwudi from South of East, respectively.
The letter reads: “In compliance with Section 8(2) a & j of the Statistics Act, 2010, I write to forward herewith names of the chairman and members of the board of National Bureau of Statistics for confirmation by the Senate of the Federal Republic of Nigeria”.
The president, however, appealed for urgent consideration of his request by the Red Chamber.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections
- Tstv accepts pay per view model against other stakeholders