Buhari suffering from cold, he offers reason
President Muhammadu Buhari on Tuesday apologised to the joint session of the National Assembly for his unclear voice while reading the 2020 Appropriation Bill. He disclosed that he was suffering from cold.
He, however, attributed his ailment to his hard work as the President of the country.
He said, “Before I proceed to read the details of the budget, let me apologise for my voice.
“As you can hear in my voice, I have cold because I am working hard.”
The comment attracted loud laughter and applause from all those inside the chamber, including the President of the Senate, Ahmad Lawan; Speaker of the House of Representatives, Femi Gbajabiamila, federal lawmakers, state governors, members of the Federal Executive Council and leaders of the ruling All Progressives Congress, among others.
The Speaker of the House of Representatives, Femi Gbajabiamila, however, sympathised with the President on his cold.
“Mr President, sorry about your cold,” Gbajabiamila told the President while delivering his address shortly after Buhari presented the 2020 Appropriation Bill to a joint session of the National Assembly.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Fuel subsidy: Court stops NLC, TUC, others from embarking on strike
- Kwara Gov meets labour leaders on fuel subsidy removal
- Fuel subsidy: Kwara govt. reduces workdays for civil servants
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic announces retirement from football
- NYSC presents court with documents to prove certificate forgery by Peter Mbah
- Reactions trail ‘drop’ in cooking gas price
- Professionalism and Patriotism: Toun Okewale’s achievements speak loudly
- About 490,000 Job Opportunities Awaiting Nigerians Here—NDPB
- Subsidy: Electricity workers to embark on nationwide strike
- Return missing bullet proof jeeps within 5 days– Zamfara Gov tells Matawalle