Emefiele announced this during the Central Bank’s Monetary Policy Committee monthly meeting in Abuja.
Recall that Emefiele had announced in October that the apex bank would issue redesigned N200, N500, and N1,000 notes, effective December 15, 2022,
However, he has disclosed that CBN won’t wait till December anymore for the unveiling of the new notes.
He said the deadline for returning the old Naira notes to commercial banks in exchange for newly designed ones would not be shifted.
- 2023: INEC, NUJ collaborate on election, conflict-sensitive reporting
- Senate President cautions against Vote-trading in 2023 poll
- FG approves mother tongue as compulsory language in primary schools
- I’ll continue to prioritise education, says Gov Sule
- Police cautions governors against frustrating opposition parties’ campaign
- We’ll recover semester, session lost to strike – ASUU
- Yahoo boy arrested for beating undergraduate girlfriend to death in Ogun
- Governor Ikpeazu signs female inheritance bill into law
- Kwara Gov. reshuffles cabinet, swears-in new commissioners, others
- SON issues MANCAP certificates to 102 companies in Kano