Muhammadu Buhari GCFR
AUTHORITY of the University of Ilorin has commissioned 17 newly completed projects, ROYAL NEWS has learnt .
The projects commissioning by the Visitor to the University, President Muhammadu Buhari, at the just concluded 34th convocation ceremonies.
The newly completed projects commissioned were the Faculty of Engineering Laboratory, Lecture Rooms and Laboratory for the Institute of Education, Workshop and offices for the Department of Educational Technology, Workshop for the Technical and Entrepreneurship Centre (TUC), 400-seater Lecture Theatre each for the Faculties of Agriculture and Arts, as well as Electrification Projects for the Faculties of Veterinary Medicine and Agriculture among others.
The President commended the management of the University of Ilorin for conceiving and ensuring the completion of the projects and urged the University to ensure that the projects and equipment there-in are properly utilized as they would go a long way in adding more value to research, teaching and community services, which are focal points of the ivory tower.
He was represented by the Director of Quality Assurance at the National Universities Commission, Dr. Noel Saliu.
Buhari assured Nigerians that the Federal Government would not relent in its efforts to ensure that university education attracts utmost attention at all times in order to facilitate quality education that will generate high quality manpower needed to accelerate national development.
- Ganduje removes travel ban for Buhari to visit Kano
- 3 policemen killed in Ebonyi by unknown gunmen
- Naira notes: CBN approves Feb. 10 as new deadline
- Buhari tackling problems others ran from– Tinubu
- Solanke-Koya urges Aviation Minister to reject payment of airfare in foreign currency
- Gusau expresses interest to run for Certified Athletic Administrator Presidency
- Lassa fever death rate raises to 13 in Edo
- APC reveals what will happen as Osinbajo absent at Tinubu’s campaign in Lagos
- Peter Obi takes campaign to Borno, promises to end insecurity
- Distribution of 2.83m mosquito nets begin in Ebonyi