President Muhammadu Buhari was speaking against the backdrop of his scheduled visit to Anambra and Ebonyi states where he is expected to commission some landmark projects.
Buhari has re-affirmed his commitment to the infrastructural development of the country regardless of political or ethnic affiliations.
He promised that his administration’s developmental efforts would be felt in every nook and cranny of the nation.
The President made the assertion in a statement via a Facebook post on Monday night.
He wrote, “Tomorrow I will begin a 2-day visit to Ebonyi and Anambra States. Let me reiterate my words to Southeast Leaders who visited me at the State House last month: My administration will not discriminate against any part of Nigeria.
Read also:UI gets 1st class History graduate
“I will again assure the people of the southeast that we are investing in infrastructure projects that are of critical importance to the region: the Second Niger Bridge, the East-West Road, the Coastal Rail, power projects – these and more will benefit the region and unlock economic potential.
“We are collaborating with the Chinese government to deliver these projects, and have taken very seriously our counterpart funding obligations.
“I look forward to my visit, and to continuing to work to ensure that every part of Nigeria benefits from our Programmes and policies.”
Recall the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, on Monday warned President Buhari not to step foot on the South East, saying they will resort to violence should the president fail to cancel his planned visit to Anambra and Ebonyi states.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- Dancing Senator, Ademola Adeleke declared as authentic Osun PDP candidate
- Hajj: NAHCON inaugurates, screens medical team
- PHOTO NEWS: Faces at NDC security seminar held in Abuja
- EFCC traces N130m illegal trasnfer into ex-Speaker Patricia Etteh’s account
- FCTA laments influx of beggars from states
- NERC releases update on alleged Tariff increment
- Saraki woos Osun PDP delegates, canvasses support for Adeleke
- PHOTO NEWS: Tinubu visits Kwara, salutes Emir Sulu-Gambari
- Tinubu assures of victory against any PDP candidate
- KWACCIMA pleads with FG to reopen Kwara, Niger borders