President Muhammadu Buhari has expressed delight at the mutually beneficial cooperation that exists between Nigeria and China.
According to a statement on Saturday by his Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Mr. Femi Adesina, the President stated this in a congratulatory letter he sent to President Xi Jinping on the 19th National Congress of the Communist Party of China.
The Chinese President is also the General Secretary of the Central Committee of the CPC.
Adesina quoted Buhari as lauding China for “becoming an indispensable force in the comity of nations.”
The letter from Buhari read in part, “On behalf of the Government and people of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, I have the pleasure to send our warmest congratulations to you and through you to all the 2,287 delegates and the 89 million party members on the auspicious occasion of the 19th National Congress of the Communist Party of China.
“It is my firm belief that the 19th National Congress of CPC will be a new starting point in the history of China, and it will usher in a new period of great accomplishment for your party and the nation.
“The leadership of CPC is understood to be the defining feature of socialism with Chinese characteristics. China has made remarkable progress under the leadership of CPC and remains an inspiration to developing countries and the whole world. In the past 30 years and more, over 700 million Chinese have been lifted out of poverty, creating a Chinese miracle in the history of poverty reduction.
“As you often say, ‘Empty talk harms the country, while hard work makes it flourish.’ Under the strong and focused leadership of the CPC Central Committee with Your Excellency as its core, the CPC has continuously guided the Chinese people to achieve the Two Centenary Goals and realise the Chinese Dream of the great rejuvenation of the Chinese nation, while China is becoming an indispensable force in the comity of nations. Indeed, I am satisfied with the mutually beneficial cooperation between Nigeria and China.
“While expecting the delivery of policy guidelines and framework for China’s development and foreign relations in the next five years and beyond, and the election of a new CPC Central Committee, we wish the 19th National Congress of the CPC a complete success.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections
- Tstv accepts pay per view model against other stakeholders
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory