The Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed, on Thursday disclosed that President Muhammadu Buhari-led government has delivered on its campaign promises in the areas of tackling insecurity, fighting corruption and revamping the economy.
ROYAL NEWS reports that the Minister stated this when he received the Head of the Civil Service of the Federation, Mrs. Winifred Oyo-Ita and some Permanent Secretaries on a courtesy visit in his office.
He noted that “the administration has been able to achieve by been true and faithful in its policies in less than three years in office by tackling corruption, insecurities and revamping the economy.”
According to him, “It does not matter what the naysayers are saying. One thing they have not been able to do is challenge the figures that we put out. We tell them that despite the occasional suicide attack and cowardly act of Boko Haram, this government has done a lot to reverse the trend of terrorism. Since 2015 there has been no attack on the Nations capital.
Buhari’s government was by the divine will because God loves the country. I can’t imagine what would have happened if it was the other way in terms of the state of infrastructure, economy, unemployment and all we have been doing so far is to bring back the economy from the brink of collapse.”
Earlier, Mrs. Oyo-Ita called for more funding for the ministry of Information and culture to enable it efficiently carry out its duties of propagating government’s programmes and activities.
Oyo-Ita noted that the achievements recorded by President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration are not given the required publicity as a lot is being done without adequate projection.
“The Ministry of Information and Culture is loaded with huge scope of work meantnto me achieved but faces huge challenges as a result of being underfunded”, she added.
- Hypertension, Diabetes, Cancers, Others Responsible for 22% of Premature Deaths—WHO
- Breaking…… Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Croatia knocks out ‘confident’ Brazil from Qatar 2022 Fifa World Cup
- Cashless Policy: CBN meets Senate panel on cash withdrawal limit
- Labour Party sacks publicity secretary, Ogun chapter excos
- NUJ recognises Osoba, Dokpesi, others as icons in media industry
- Newly redesigned Naira now in banks, ready for issuance – Emefiele
- FG develops renewable energy policy to add 30,000MW of electricity
- Buhari congratulates ex-Minister of Defence, Theophilus Danjuma at 85
- Buhari celebrates renowned scholar, Prof. Umaru Shehu at 92