Wife of Nigeria’s President, Mrs. Aisha Buhari, on Wednesday graduated 1000 beneficiaries who participated in the training under her empowerment programme tagged: “Future Assured” in Ilorin the Kwara State capital.
Speaking at the graduation ceremony which was held at the Kwara State Government House premises, Mrs. Buhari disclosed that beneficiaries were trained in various economic activities in line with the mandate towards empowering women and youths on the state.
According to her, “the programme is in line with the mandate of my programme whose main focus has been on the empowerment of women and other less privileged, towards the realization of economic self reliance.
“Since the inception of this administration, we have successfully conducted this empowerment programme where the beneficiaries graduated with certificates in many states while others are still ongoing.”
Mrs. Buhari however stressed that, “women and youths are always eager and interested to acquire these skills” even as she noted the programme was put in place towards uplifting the living standard of the people of the state.
Also speaking, the Wife of the Kwara State Governor, Mrs. Omolewa Ahmed, reiterated the commitment of the current administration towards providing jobs for the teeming unemployed populace especially youths and women.
She said: “Today’s ceremony marks a new pedestal in the lives of the graduands as they will soon not only be self employed, when they bring their acquired experiences during the training to bear, they will equally become employers of labour thus, significantly help in reducing the unemployment in our country. “
Mrs. Ahmed therefore advised successful participants to be serious and steadfast in their respective businesses in order to become shinning examples to others.
- Two suspects arrested for possessing, selling counterfeit N1000 notes
- Nigerian Actress enters trouble for spraying, stepping on new naira notes
- TINUBU’S CAMPAIGN SHUTS DOWN EKITI, SAYS NOTHING CAN STOP APC’S VICTORY
- 2023: Muslim Media Watch Urges Security Agencies To Fine-Tune Strategies
- IGP orders arrest, prosecution of sellers of new naira note
- Buhari speaks on new naira notes redesign amidst hardships
- NPC boss warns against extortion from applicants
- Tribunal judgement: I have faith in judiciary – Gov. Adeleke
- PoS surcharge: Operators allege bank officials sell cash to them
- Oyo Governor, Makinde Suspends Campaign Activities Over Fuel, Naira Crisis