A yet-to-be-identified labourer lost his life on Saturday when a storey building reportedly belonging to Keystone Bank collapsed in the Palmgrove area of Lagos State.
The PUNCH gathered that the building was under renovation when it caved in at 07.20 pm and trapped labourers working on the site.
Confirming the incident, the Director-General, Lagos State Emergency Management Agency, Dr Oluwafemi Oke-Osanyintolu, said efforts were ongoing to rescue the remaining victims, adding that emergency responders, including officials of the Lagos State Fire Service, men of the Nigeria Police Force, among others were on ground.
He said, “Upon arrival at the scene, it was discovered that a single-storey building belonging to the Keystone Bank collapsed while being renovated.
“It was reported that a single male labourer lost his life from the incident.
“Recovery operation ongoing.
“LRT, LASG fire, LABSCA and police are at the scene carrying out joint efforts to retrieve the remains of the victims.”
- Emir of Bauchi’s brother found dead
- PHOTO NEWS: FG empowers women in Kebbi
- Gov. Adeleke reacts to tribunal’s judgement, vows to appeal
- BREAKING….Ademola Adeleke sacked as Osun Governor
- Kebbi assembly deputy speaker, 5 other resign appointments
- Adamawa guber candidate dies
- Lawyer sues CBN, seeks extension of deadline for old naira notes
- CBN unveils domestic card to strengthen payments system
- SHOCKING… Governor loses son
- Banks in Ogun applauded over circulation of new naira notes