A 52-year-old bus conductor, Segun Awogbemi, who allegedly raped his landlady, was on Thursday docked at an Ikeja Magistrates’ Court in Lagos.
The accused, who lives in Saidatu Street, Oregun in Ikeja, Lagos, is facing a two-count of conspiracy and rape.
The prosecutor, Insp. Ezekiel Ayorinde, told the court that the accused and others at large committed the offences on Oct. 9 at about 9:00 p.m. in his residence.
Ayorinde told the court that the accused and his accomplices conspired and raped the complainant.
He alleged that on the said date, the complainant was invited by one Sarah Emmanuel to her room for a drink.
He said, “After the drink, the complainant went back to her room, feeling intoxicated and slept off immediately without locking her door.”
He further alleged that the landlady discovered the following morning that she had been raped by her tenant along with others still at large.
He said, “The complainant resulted to shouting and cursing that whoever raped her will become swollen and die.”
The offences contravened Sections 258 and 409 of the Criminal Laws of Lagos State, 2011.
The accused pleaded not guilty to the charges.
The Chief Magistrate, Mrs. Omolade Awope, granted the accused bail in the sum of N200, 000 with two sureties in like sum.
Awope said that the sureties must be gainfully employed and should swear to an affidavit of means and produce evidence of two years tax payment to Lagos State.
She adjourned the case till Dec. 27 for hearing.
- SAD…. Ilorin-born varsity don, Sulyman Gurumoh is dead
- BREAKING…Dogara dumps APC for PDP
- Adeleke commences salary payment, vows to restore good governance
- Ronaldo signs £173m deal with Al-Nassr
- Zenith Bank wins Bank of the Year
- Late Onijagbo was a great servant of God— Gov. AbdulRazaq
- Emir of Ilorin mourns late Onijagbo, Oba Fagbemi
- I’m thinking of getting married for sex, says Juliana Olayode
- DMO raises concern over Nigeria’s debt
- BREAKING…Yoruba King, Onijagbo of Ijagbo dies