The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has declared the All Progressives Congress (APC) winner of Saturday’s Lagos East senatorial by-election in Ikorodu division.
Dr Andu Akala, INEC Local Government Collation Officer for Lagos East Senatorial poll for Ikorodu, declared the result at the INEC collation centre in Ikorodu on Saturday.
According to Akala, the APC’ Tokunji Abiru, polled 19,204 votes to beat his closest rival, Babatunde Gbadamosi, of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP), who got 3,766 votes in all the 19 wards in Ikorodu.
He added that ADP got 167 votes, ADC – 107 votes and AAC – 84, out of the 23, 966 total votes cast in the federal constituency election.
- SON issues MANCAP certificates to 102 companies in Kano
- KAM Holding Gets SON Applause, Bags 6 MANCAP Certificates (PHOTOS)
- ASUU: Lectures receive full salaries for November, without arrears
- Osun Speaker, Owoeye meets Governor Adeleke
- Adeleke tasks panels to recover ”looted” state assets
- Lawmaker assures release of detained Nigerian lady in UAE
- Qatar says 500 death toll of World Cup workers recorded
- Justice Nyako seeks appointment of more judges for speedy justice dispensation
- Tinubu in Abuja not in the United States says APC PCC
- Aishatu Gobir delivers UNILORIN 219th Inaugural Lecture Dec. 1