Authority of the police command in Kwara State has broken its silence on the reports going round on social media over the alleged deployment of police helicopter to Omu-Aran, Irepodun local government area of the state.
ROYAL NEWS reports that the social media has been awashed with the news of deployment of police helicopter to Omu- Aran, Wednesday afternoon.
Police Public Relations Officer in Kwara State, Ajayi Okasanmi, said that he was not aware of such development.
Okasanmi maintained that the reason behind the presence of helicopter in the area, if true, cannot be outside protection of law and order before, during and after the Saturday by-election in the area.
He urged people to go about their lawful business, conduct themselves peacefully and be law abiding stressing that police is to protect lives and property of every Nigerian citizen, adding that men and officers of the command would ensure that the state retains its reputation as a home of peace and harmony.
- BREAKING…. Appeal Court declares PDP winner of Ilorin South assembly elections
- EFCC arraigns former Finance Commissioner, Demola Banu today
- Adelabu floors Seyi Makinde at Appeal Court
- Suspected political thugs set Kogi SDP secretariat ablaze
- SERAP sends anti-Buhari open letter to Archbishop of Canterbury
- SAD…Ex-Petroleum Minister dies at 83
- BREAKING…President resigns after re-election
- Buhari rejoices with Kaigama over appointment
- See full names of newly promoted Army, Naval and Airforce Officers
- Maulud Nabbiy ‘ll promote religious tolerance, says Omo-Agege