Authority of the police command in Kwara State has broken its silence on the reports going round on social media over the alleged deployment of police helicopter to Omu-Aran, Irepodun local government area of the state.
ROYAL NEWS reports that the social media has been awashed with the news of deployment of police helicopter to Omu- Aran, Wednesday afternoon.
Police Public Relations Officer in Kwara State, Ajayi Okasanmi, said that he was not aware of such development.
Okasanmi maintained that the reason behind the presence of helicopter in the area, if true, cannot be outside protection of law and order before, during and after the Saturday by-election in the area.
He urged people to go about their lawful business, conduct themselves peacefully and be law abiding stressing that police is to protect lives and property of every Nigerian citizen, adding that men and officers of the command would ensure that the state retains its reputation as a home of peace and harmony.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- Emir Sulu-Gambari set to install Balogun Gambari as most senior counsellor in Ilorin Emirate
- Divorce: JJC Skillz divorces Nollywood Star, Funke Akindele
- Gov Zulum directs promotion of deserving civil servants
- Kano APC Senator, Shekarau finally defects to NNPP
- Senate Confirms Buhari 7 Ministerial Norminees
- Fraud: Senate summons NIA boss over N/Delta activists’ blacklist by DSS
- Organ harvesting: Senate delegation to visit Ekweremadu, wife in London
- Ado-Ekiti Yahoo-Boy Jailed Two Years for Scam, Loses N13m Car to FG
- Money-politics affecting Nigeria’s political processes— Ex-Minister
- Kwara monarch introduces new currency for business activities in own community