The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) on Tuesday exempted six companies from the restriction on milk and dairy products importation.
“As part of efforts to increase local production of milk, its derivatives and dairy products, the Central Bank of Nigeria has engaged with some companies in the industry who have keyed into the bank’s backward integration program to enhance their capacity and improve local milk production,” CBN posted on its website on Tuesday.
“Accordingly, all authorized dealers are to note that all Forms ‘M’ for the importation of milk and its derivatives shall only be allowed for the following: Friesland Campina WAMCO Nigeria, Chi Limited, TG Arla Dairy Products Limited, Promasidor Nigeria Limited, Nestle Nigeria Plc (MSK only) and Integrated Dairies Limited.”
The apex bank stated that the exempted companies have started investments in local milk production as part of the central bank’s backward integration plan.
“For the avoidance of doubt, all established Forms ‘M’ for the importation of milk and its derivatives for companies other than the above for which shipment has not taken place should be cancelled immediately,” CBN said.
The CBN governor Godwin Emefiele in July 2019 announced the plan to restrict access to foreign exchange for importation of milk into the country.
Emefiele said the restriction aimed at boosting local milk production and job creation.
- PHOTO NEWS: How Late Galadiman Patigi, Dr. Alfa Saadu was buried in London
- Coronavirus Update: Nigeria’s cases increase to 184
- Lagos discharges 11 additional coronavirus patients
- COVID-19: TUYIL hails Kwara govt, donates N10million
- BREAKING….. KWARA BEGINS FUMIGATION OF MARKETS TONIGHT 7-11pm
- COVID-19: Germany Chancellor donates €5.5m to Nigerians
- Ogun governor assures of equality in palliatives distribution
- Saudi Arabia govt imposes 24hrs in Makkah, Madina city
- Coronavirus infection kills Philippines envoy
- Read what new KWASU VC says about his appointment
News3 months ago
Army approves cigarettes allowance, N20,000 salary increment for soldiers
Education5 months ago
UNILORIN education faculty emerges best in Nigeria
News10 months ago
Sokoto assembly confirms Gov Tambuwal’s 26 comissioner nominees
Politics4 months ago
Breaking… Kwara governor appoints Yinka Aluko S A Special Duties
Politics10 months ago
Breaking…GOV. ABDULRAZAQ APPOINTS COMMITTEE ON REVIEW OF SALES OF GOVT PROPERTY (See full names)
Politics5 months ago
EXPOSED…. Why Kwara Governor wants more women in his cabinet— Ajadi
Politics3 months ago
Gbemi Saraki finally breaks silence, changes political slogan
Politics10 months ago
Breaking…Kwara assembly suspends 16 LGs chairmen