Former Manchester United defender, Rio Ferdinand, has asked Lionel Messi to quit Barcelona this summer.
This follows their shambolic 8-2 defeat to Bayern Munich in the Champions League quarter-final on Friday night.
Ferdinand, speaking on BT Sport, feels Messi cannot waste the rest of his playing years with the LaLiga giants.
Bayern scored four goals in each half, as they overpowered Barca in Lisbon, to qualify for the semis.
Messi was already said to be considering his future at the Camp Nou, following a series of reported bust-ups and disagreements behind the scenes.
Ferdinand said: “Another big question, what is Messi thinking?
“Has he got the time to sit and wait?
“What’s he thinking in that dressing room going home tonight?
“Does he want to spend it in that shirt? Given the performances and the way that squad is looking at the moment in comparison to other teams around Europe. It’s a big question he’ll be thinking about.”
- Naira redesign: Emefiele urges NASS, Nigerians to show understanding
- Fuel scarcity may affect election logistics — INEC
- SAD…. PDP campaign rally turns mourning in Sokoto as Tambuwal’s aide, Aisha Maina dies
- Nigeria attains 100% broadband penetration— Buhari
- UPDATED: Jigawa Govt annouces funeral as Emir of Dutse dies at 78
- Buhari inaugurates 5,700-hectare Irrigation Scheme, pledges more relief for flood victims
- 2023 polls will be the best, Senate President assures EU observers, Kenya’s Raila Odinga
- Ondo PoS operators increase charges over scarce new Naira notes
- Nigeria’s public debt stock increases to N44.06trn in Q3 2022 – NBS
- CBN directs banks to pay customers with ₦100, ₦50, ₦20, over-the-counter