Former Manchester United defender, Rio Ferdinand, has asked Lionel Messi to quit Barcelona this summer.
This follows their shambolic 8-2 defeat to Bayern Munich in the Champions League quarter-final on Friday night.
Ferdinand, speaking on BT Sport, feels Messi cannot waste the rest of his playing years with the LaLiga giants.
Bayern scored four goals in each half, as they overpowered Barca in Lisbon, to qualify for the semis.
Messi was already said to be considering his future at the Camp Nou, following a series of reported bust-ups and disagreements behind the scenes.
Ferdinand said: “Another big question, what is Messi thinking?
“Has he got the time to sit and wait?
“What’s he thinking in that dressing room going home tonight?
“Does he want to spend it in that shirt? Given the performances and the way that squad is looking at the moment in comparison to other teams around Europe. It’s a big question he’ll be thinking about.”
- Flooding: Wurukum Traders appeal to Gov over N2bn properties loss
- Kwara Police gets first female spokesperson, DSP Ejire-Adeyemi Adetoun
- Nigeria committed to end terrorism, maintenance of peace –Gaidam
- Kwara Govt. Kicks Against Street Begging
- (PHOTOS) Medical Laboratory Council Inducts KWASU’s 46 Newly Qualified Graduates
- 12 feared dead in ghastly auto crash in Kwara
- Gov. AbdulRazaq’s media aide, Rafiu Ajakaye warns against sensational reporting
- COAS visits Benue, pledges more military interventions in crises ridden areas
- Engr. Yunusa Yahaya’s death, a monumental loss to humanity— Emir of Okuta
- Emir Sulu-Gambari condoles with Etsu Tsaragi over Yahaya’s death