The Chief Imam of Egbaland, Alhaji Liadi Orunsolu, is dead. He was aged 98.
Meanwhile, President Muhammadu Buhari has condoled with the government and people of Ogun, as well as the family ove the cleric’s demise.
The president’s condolence message was released by his Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Mr Femi Adesina, in Abuja on Tuesday.
Buhari saluted the life of piety and utmost submission to the will of Almighty Allah lived by the departed, who was also President-General of League of Imams and Alfas in Ogun State.
“He lived a long and qualitative life, devoted to the service of Allah,” he further noted.
President Buhari prayed that: “May he be bountifully rewarded, having completed his course.”
He also charged all those who mourned the deceased to derive challenge from his devout life, and seek to approximate same.
- Opinion: Peter Obi and the Obidient’s futile effort faking Sultan’s endorsement
- New Naira Notes: Police begins patrol of banks in Kwara
- Naira redesign: Customers urge CBN to sanction banks not paying N20,000 over the counter
- Fuel scarcity: IPMAN laments inability to source products
- Gov. Akeredolu swears in new chief judge, 4 high court judges
- Two suspects arrested for possessing, selling counterfeit N1000 notes
- Nigerian Actress enters trouble for spraying, stepping on new naira notes
- TINUBU’S CAMPAIGN SHUTS DOWN EKITI, SAYS NOTHING CAN STOP APC’S VICTORY
- 2023: Muslim Media Watch Urges Security Agencies To Fine-Tune Strategies
- IGP orders arrest, prosecution of sellers of new naira note