China has ordered nationwide measures to identify and immediately isolate suspected cases of a deadly virus on trains, aeroplanes and buses, as the death toll and number of patients has skyrocketed.
Inspection stations will be set up and passengers with suspected pneumonia must be “immediately transported” to a medical centre, the National Health Commission said in a statement.
The isolation of suspected cases must be followed by disinfection of the train, plane or bus.
The statement said “all departments of transportation” must “strictly” introduce prevention and control measures including screening measures in airports, railway stations, bus stations and ports.
The measures apply across all transportation routes as well as at customs and border inspections.
Staff serving passengers must all wear masks, the NHC said.
The travel authority must also provide details about those in close contact with the suspected infection case, such as those sitting in the same carriage.
The order applies across all provinces and regions.
All areas should formulate “emergency response plans” to the outbreak including training medical staff.
The announcement came as the death toll jumped to 41 and the number of cases reached almost 1,300.
In Wuhan, the epicentre of the outbreak, the Chinese army deployed 450 medical specialists to overwhelmed hospitals.
- Ogun govt closes land borders for 2weeks
- BREAKING…. Coronavirus cases jump to 97 in Nigeria
- Coronavirus: El-Rufai’s wife sends message to Nigerians as husband tests positive
- BREAKING…. Gov. El-Rufai tests positive for coronavirus
- Coronavirus: Tinubu urges Buhari govt to print more Naira notes
- Covid-19: Gombe reverse to N18,000 minimum wage for workers
- BREAKING….. Coronavirus pandemic hits 89 in Nigeria
- Covid-19: Kwara police releases reports on restriction order
- Lawan greets Asiwaju Tinubu @68
- Coronavirus: Two cases confirmed, Enugu ordered lockdown of land borders, others
News2 months ago
Army approves cigarettes allowance, N20,000 salary increment for soldiers
Education4 months ago
UNILORIN education faculty emerges best in Nigeria
News10 months ago
Sokoto assembly confirms Gov Tambuwal’s 26 comissioner nominees
Politics4 months ago
Breaking… Kwara governor appoints Yinka Aluko S A Special Duties
Politics10 months ago
Breaking…GOV. ABDULRAZAQ APPOINTS COMMITTEE ON REVIEW OF SALES OF GOVT PROPERTY (See full names)
Politics5 months ago
EXPOSED…. Why Kwara Governor wants more women in his cabinet— Ajadi
Politics3 months ago
Gbemi Saraki finally breaks silence, changes political slogan
Politics9 months ago
Breaking…Kwara assembly suspends 16 LGs chairmen