AUTHORITY of Chinese Foreign Ministry and the National Immigration Administration has issued new guidelines in view of the COVID-19 situation to ensure epidemic prevention and control.
The Embassy of China in Nigeria disclosed this in a statement on its Facebook page on Friday.
According to the Embassy, the adjustments were on the temporary suspension of entry by foreign nationals holding valid Chinese visas or residence permits issued on March 26.
“Effective from 0 a.m., 28 September 2020, foreign nationals holding valid Chinese residence permits for work, personal matters and reunion are allowed to enter China with no need for applying for new visas.
“If the above three categories of residence permits held by foreign nationals expired after 0 a.m., 28 March 2020, the holders may apply for relevant visas.
“By presenting the expired residence permits and relevant materials to the Chinese embassies or consulates on the condition that the purpose of the holders’ visit to China remains unchanged.
“The above-mentioned personnel shall strictly abide by the Chinese regulations on epidemic prevention and control,” it said.
China further said that other measures in the announcement issued on March 26 would continue to be implemented.
“While ensuring effective epidemic control, the Chinese government will continue resuming people-to-people exchanges in a step-by-step and orderly manner.
“In this regard, Nigerian nationals who meet the requirements of the above visa application may submit their applications to the Chinese Visa Application Centre in either Abuja or Lagos,” it added. (NAN)
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- 62 National Day, Sen. Enang urges Nigerians to keep hope alive
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment