Ahead of the 2019/general elections, Nigerian youths have been advised to shun violence and other social vices to further fulfill the purpose of God in their lives.
The Provincial Youths Pastor of Redeem Christian Church God (RCCG) Kwara province 1, Pastor Bode Adewara stated this while speaking with journalists.
The cleric also urged them to collect their Permanent Voters Card (PVC) in order to enable them choose a Godfearing leader in the forthcoming polls.
Represented by the Youths President of the province, Pastor Oluwatosin Babatunde, the clergyman who spoke on the theme: “The Power of Purpose”, stressed that Nigerians youths whom have discovered through the purpose God created them can boldly say no to violences by acquiring their permanent voters card and voting the rightful leader.
He said: “The major aim for the choice of this year’s theme is that youths should discover their purpose early in life and it will help them and bring succour to the country.
“Purpose here simply means the intention why God created you because nobody is born by accident, everybody has a reason why God created him/her. I believed that after the programme people that are yet to discover their purpose will discover it.”
Pastor Adewara added that, “people that have discovered it sometimes but due to ignorance and a lot of distraction all over like social vices, political thuggery, cultism, etc through this programme they are going to have the orientation of who they are.
“Because we are trusting God that they will derive physical and spiritual impact for the event. This will reduce the evil vices in the country. Once we discovered this talent we’ll follow the right direction.
“Part of discovering our purpose that we should all go and get our PVC to choose a purposeful leader. In this country we need a purposeful leader.”
- DMO issues 2 FGN savings bonds at N1,000 per unit
- Adamawa Govt. increases 2023 budget to N175bn
- SMEDAN empowers 90 youth with sewing machines, others in Plateau
- Rukaiya Atiku backs husband as ‘only candidate who supports women’
- Eto’o tenders apology over violent conduct
- Atiku visits Ooni, pledges restructuring
- Buhari transmits FCT 2023 Budget to Senate
- Obi has nothing to offer Nigerians says APC
- Morocco win Spain 3-0 on penalty knock out
- Kanye celebrates Saint’s 7th birthday at Kim’s house