A cleric, Apostle Theophilus Ebonyi of Faith on the Rock Ministry in Nasarawa State has asked Nigerians to go to God in prayer to salvage the country from further spread of coronavirus currently ravaging the globe.
This is even as he warned that the pandemic would worsen in Nigeria if the federal government did not rescind its decision to stop religious organizations from gathering to seek the face of God.
Ebonyi, who spoke to journalists in Karu local government area of the state, described the COVID-19 as the virus is also known as a “satanic manipulation” marking the fulfillment of the scripture.
“The epidemic is a product of manipulation against humanity. I call on the government to rescind on its decision to shut religious houses and encourage prayers possibly interdenominational prayers to drive home peace and safety of Nigerians,” he said.
The minister of God therefore maintained that closing prayer houses will compound the spread of the prevalent epidemic in the country.
He particularly urged the government at all levels to be proactive and responsive in tackling issues rather than paying lip service to the health of the citizens.
“Nigeria as a nation will experience more attacks if fervent and aggressive prayers were not offered by the religious bodies to upturn the satanic manipulations gaining grounds in the country”.
“We must collectively and privately go to God in prayer to bring the hands of God upon the manipulations. The approach of the government to shut down worship centres to prevent the spread of the virus would rather aggravate the spread,” he emphasized.
While admitting that coronavirus is real, the cleric believed that the epidemic is scenario based which will not last for long, but added that Nigeria may be in crisis if the pandemic is allowed to spread more than the present situation.
“Business activities will seriously slow down. We should recall that our growth is still fragile and lagging. Government at all levels should wake up to their responsibilities while religious organizations interface for peace in the country,” Ebonyi declared.
- Court fines PRP’s presidential candidate, Kola Abiola, for late documents filing
- Two FRSC officers crushed to death by truck in Akwa Ibom
- World cup: Host country Qatar eliminated
- How pastors treWe both wept when Sammie Okposo told me how pastors treated him – Apostle Suleman
- My presidential ambition is for Nigeria’s future– Peter Obi
- PDP reschedules campaign flag off in Nasarawa over police permit
- UniAbuja ASUU protest unpaid salaries
- Unilorin V-C extols Prof. Gambari’s virtues @ 78
- EFCC secures 3,328 convictions in 11 months – Chairman
- Buhari condoles with family of Gospel Musician, Sammie Okposo