Shiisu said the incident occurred on Wednesday morning in Yakasai area of Jigawa Tsada village due to heavy rain recorded in the area.
“Today, at about 9:50 a.m., information was received from Jigawar Tsada village of Dutse LGA, that on the same date, one building has collapsed in the area due to the heavy rain which lasted for an hour last night.
“Three children namely; one Farida Idi, 6, Mariya Idi, 3 and Bilkisu Yahya, one and a half, all of Yakasai in Jigawar reportedly died on the spot before they could be rescued,” Shiisu said.
He explained that upon receipt of the report, police moved to the scene, evacuated the victims and rushed them to General Hospital, Dutse, where a Medical Doctor on duty certified them dead.
The PPRO added that the remains of the deceased had since been released to their families for burial.
- Court dissolves Ganduje’s daughter 16-year-old marriage, orders return of dowry
- 522,000 PVCs uncollected in Edo – INEC
- INEC to conduct mock voter accreditation in Delta
- NSCDC warn officers against careless handling of firearms during elections
- Businesses crumble in Kaduna as traders lament scarcity of new, old naira notes
- Adeleke directs immediate payment of arrears of half salaries for civil servants
- INEC speaks on PVC safety as gunmen burn Anambra office
- Fuel scarcity: IPMAN assures petrol will be available in two weeks
- Why we are fighting corruption — Lai Mohammed
- EFCC restates commitments to tackling electoral fraud