A Colombian woman who sparked outrage after posting a gruesome video of herself decapitating an owl on social media has been assassinated.
Mileydis Aldana, 21, dubbed ‘Owl killer’ was assassinated by a motorcycle rider outside her residence in the town of Corozal in the state of Sucre on Sunday afternoon.
Two men on a motorcycle showed up outside the entrance of her home in the Luis Carlos Galán neighborhood. One of the men then got off a motorcycle and shot her six times before fleeing the scene.
According to reports, three bullets hit her, in the left arm, two in the left leg, and another in the chest. She was rushed to a nearby hospital by family members but was pronounced dead on arrival.
Her death comes six months after Mileydis was dubbed the “Owl Killer” for beheading a live white barn owl in a graphic video she posted online, which went viral across Latin America and sparked outrage from animal-lovers and activists.
- World cup riots break out after Morocco’s shock 2-0 win over Belgium
- UK Arrival: Some selected pictures of Emir of Ilorin
- Abuja-Kaduna Rail service starts in 7 days– FG
- Kwara govt. re-opens College of Education, Ilorin
- Dangote plans 300,000 fresh jobs for Nigerians
- Minister Okays Security Measures For Abuja/Kaduna Train Transport Scheme
- Adeleke freezes Osun bank accounts immediately after swearing-in
- Adekeke rename Osun after sworn in as sixth governor
- Nigeria to begin processing of raw gold, others — Minister
- Why we retained workers in Ajaokuta inspite not being fully operational — minister