One of rapper, Lil Wayne’s baby mama, Nivea has opened up about why she left the music industry.
During an interview with Kandi Burruss for her YouTube show “On That Note,” R&B singer, Nivea revealed that Lil Wayne showed an interest in her after seeing the video for her 2002 hit “Don’t Mess With My Man.” so he reached out to Nivea’s label and said he wanted to collaborate.
But after getting her contact number, he stopped talking about music and started talking about having a relationship with her.
“He said, ‘I don’t wanna do a song with you. I just want your number,’” recalled Nivea, who was working on an album at the time.
The two “just clicked” and started “falling in love,” and Wayne eventually convinced her to leave the music industry and move with him to New Orleans.
“He said, ‘Come be with me. I got you.’”
Nivea took him up on the offer and packed her bags to become his ‘housewife’.
“I’m just sitting there being a housewife,” she said.
She then reveals how Lil Wayne eventually told her he wanted to move them into an apartment without Nivea knowing it was because he wanted to move Toya Johnson and their daughter Reginae back into the house.
“We move out the house and get an apartment. I didn’t realize he did that to move Toya back in the house,” she said.
Nivea says she became pregnant with Wayne’s son, Neal, around the same time Lauren London was also pregnant with Wayne’s son, Kam. But she still stayed with him “’cause I believed he loved me and I loved him.”
Despite all the drama, she and Lauren became “sisters.” “She really helped me through my pregnancy. We really leaned on each other,” said Nivea, adding, “And we both had a history with [Wayne] in our younger years so it was connecting in many different ways.”
- Emir of Ilorin salutes Gov. Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq at 63
- Entrepreneurs count losses over scarcity of new Naira notes
- Buhari has indeed subdued Boko Haram — Buratai
- Peter Obi appeals for calm over cash crunch, challenges banks
- How I confronted insurgency as COAS – Buratai
- Kwara Speaker celebrates Gov. Abdulrazaq at 63
- 2023 polls: Buratai solicits support for Tinubu, APC
- CAN felicitates Kwara Gov., AbdulRazaq at 63
- Breaking …New Emir emerged in Dutse, Muhammadu Hameem
- Lawan, Gbajabiamila sued over failure to cut N228.1bn NASS budget