British comedian, Jimmy Carr has revealed that he is now a dad for the first time.
It was repored 48-year-old comedian welcomed a baby with his long term partner 46-year-old Karoline Copping, a Channel 5 executive. According to The Sun, he confirmed the news during his set at the O2 Academy in Brixton, South London with a typically acerbic gag.
Carr who performed jokes about abortions and comas, said;
“I had to tell my little boy he’s adopted.
“I mean, he isn’t, but the look on his face. I said, ‘No, no, no, you were adopted, the new family is picking you up tomorrow.
“We’re having a gender-reveal party for our kid but we’re going to wait until he’s 21 just to be sure. With some babies you can’t tell, is it a boy or an ugly girl?”
Jimmy has been seen out and about pushing a pram on several occasions since 2020 but has never previously confirmed that he is a dad. In January he was spotted stopping by a real estate agency in London, pushing a grey pram in front of him.
Neither Jimmy or Karoline have discussed their plans for starting a family and until now, the TV star has not publicly revealed he is a dad. The couple live in North London and have been together since 2001.
- Respect culture of your host communities– Traditional ruler to corps members
- Court orders INEC to accept Labour Party’s candidates in 24 states
- Kwara Govt engages additional 200 sweepers to improve public hygiene
- El-Rufai insists Aso Rock cabal working against Tinubu, vows to unmask them
- Court dissolves Ganduje’s daughter 16-year-old marriage, orders return of dowry
- 522,000 PVCs uncollected in Edo – INEC
- INEC to conduct mock voter accreditation in Delta
- NSCDC warn officers against careless handling of firearms during elections
- Businesses crumble in Kaduna as traders lament scarcity of new, old naira notes
- Adeleke directs immediate payment of arrears of half salaries for civil servants