Comedian and magician Phil Butler has died at the age of 51.
His cause of death has not yet been announced.
Phil’s agents Chris Davis Management issued a statement following his sad passing.
The statement on Twitter reads: “It is with huge sadness we have to announce the passing of our friend and client Phil Butler.
“Our thoughts are with his friends and family. The world is a poorer place without him.”
Comedian Phil Butler, who made history when he preformed for troops in Aghanistan, dies at 51
Phil made history when he became the very first comedian to perform for troops on the front line in Afghanistan.
After his time in Afghanistan, he received the Operational Service Medal for his duties in the conflicted land.
Phil was due to appear in the Robin Hood panto at Nottingham’s Theatre Royal in December.
Following Phil’s untimely death, his fellow comedians have rushed to pay tribute to the talented star.
Paul Kerensa wrote: “I can’t believe that the wonderful Phil Butler is no longer with us. Always fizzing with energy and joy and comedy, comedy ,comedy. We saw him in panto – my kids howled with laughter. At every stand-up gig, he stole the show. Way too young, one of the best. Thanks for the laughs, Phil.”
- Abuja-Kaduna train service resumes Dec. 5– FG
- Angry youths set ablaze Iree Oba’s Palace in Osun
- Oyetola left N76bn debt, says Osun Govt
- Gov Ademola frowns at delay in Nov salary, issues ultimatum
- Buhari says Govs are stealing local govt funds
- Kanye West gives Kim Kardashian huge divorce parting gift
- 2023: INEC takes delivery of last batch of PVCs in Edo
- Ex-VC, Prof. Magaji Garba sentenced to 35 years in prison
- Mavin Records’ “Overloading (Overdose)”, most trending 2022 YouTube music video
- Four feared dead in accident involving Gov. Fintiri’s convoy