The people of Kwara State have been charged to maintain hygienic culture, in order to avert the outbreak of epidemics.
The state Commissioner for Environment, Hon Abosede Olaitan Buraimoh gave the charge during the week at Koro Afoju, Gambari, Ilorin, when she paid a sensitization visit to the beggars at the community.
The Commissioner, who stressed that the importance of having a clean and conducive environment was geared towards averting the spread of diseases, also urged them to key into the monthly sanitation exercise, as scheduled by the state government.
According to her, ” government is greatly concerned about the welfare of the people, thereby making sure the state is kept clean and tidy. Dirty environment is prone to different diseases which may affect people’s health; consequent upon which there could be an outbreak of epidemics in any given environment”, she added.
Buraimoh maintained that “all the drainages should be free of dirts to allow for free flow of water and to prevent flies feasting on food and water which could spread germs – a threat to healthy living by human beings”.
She harped on the need to always observe the monthly sanitation exercise scheduled for every last Saturday of the month between the hour of 7am and 9am, urging them to comply with the rules guiding the exercise, part of which is to stay at home and tidy up the environment.
Lending his voice, the General Manager, KWEPA, Alhaji Sa’ad Ayuba Dan-musa also advised them to adhere strictly to environmental rules to avoid running foul of the law.
He also stressed on the need for each household to have a latrine to avoid open defecation, with a warning that houses without latrines will be fined, henceforth.
Responding on behalf of the community, the Seriki Maikafo of Ilorin, Mohammed Sanni, promised to pass the message across to his people for immediate compliance with the state’s directives.
He thanked the commissioner for the timely visit, praying for the success and progress of Governor AbdulRahman AbdulRasaq led administration in Kwara State.
- UNILORIN VC seeks upgrade of molecular lab to public health lab
- Naira, Fuel, scarcity take shine off 44th Kaduna International Trade Fair
- I paid ₦1,000 for litre– Oshiomhole laments fuel scarcity, price
- Tems wins Grammy award
- Kwara South Group Drums Support For ADC Reps candidate, Gbenga Power
- Kwara Governor Mourns As Ex-Women Affairs Commissioner Dies In Auto-Crash
- Naira Redesign: How CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele deceived Buhari— Oshiomhole
- Emir of Ilorin salutes Gov. Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq at 63
- Entrepreneurs count losses over scarcity of new Naira notes
- Buhari has indeed subdued Boko Haram — Buratai