The Commissioner for Energy, Engr. Abdulazeez Kola Abdulganiy has called on the Management and Staff of the Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company (IBEDC) to be proactive in service delivery.
The Commissioner made this call at the Conference room of the Ministry, while welcoming the Team from the IBEDC, who paid a courtesy visit to the Ministry.
Engr. Abdulganiy reiterated the numerous efforts of the Kwara State Government, under the leadership of the Governor, Mallam AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq (CON), at ensuring maximum power supply to all and sundry, noting that it will boost the economic development of the State.
He urged the Management and staff of IBEDC to be dedicated in discharging their duties as they also play a vital role in efficient and reliable electricity distribution in the State.
The Permanent Secretary of the Ministry, Hajia Habeebat Salman Saidu, emphasised the commitment on repositioning the Kwara State Ministry of Energy into a more effective and efficient Ministry in the State.
She described the Commissioner’s appointment as a round peg in a round hole, appreciating his dedication to ensuring that the Ministry achieves its statutory responsibilities.
Hajia Saidu thereby urged the IBEDC Team to cooperate with the Ministry and stressed the need for an efficient service delivery.
Responding, the Regional Head, Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company (IBEDC), Engr. Gabriel Eze, assured the Ministry of maximum support of the IBEDC, while promising to improve the service delivery in the State.
He further pledged total allegiance to the Ministry, noting that they cannot operate alone without the support of the Ministry.
Present at the meeting were the Director, Personnel, Finance and Supply, Alhaji Hassan Taiye Afodun; Director, Electrical Engineering, Engr. Anthony Ayodeji Alago; Controller of Finance and Account, Mallam Idris Hakeem; Staff of the IBEDC and other Management and staff of the Ministry.
- No plans to dump PDP, Samuel Ortom speaks
- (PHOTOS) NLC Protest: Mammoth crowd hit Abuja streets over hardship
- Oyebanji Unveils N12bn Economic Relief Programme
- (PHOTOS) Ex-Finance Minister, Okonjo-Iweala bags Timor Leste’s second highest national honour
- Kwara CP sues for peaceful demonstration ahead of planned protest (FULL STATEMENT)
- Nnamdi Kanu knows fate on fresh bail battle March 19
- Ex-DSP, Ekweremadu commends Nigerians for solidarity, prayers
- 16, 920 applicants jostle for UNILORIN’s admission
- 3 kids of same parents die of suffocation in Ilorin
- SERAP sues Wike, 36 govs ‘over failure to account for missing N40trn LGAs allocations’