Commissioner for happiness, Ogechi Ololo, defends her office, slams critics
Imo State Commissioner for Happiness and Couple’s Fulfillment, Mrs Ogechi Ololo,on Tuesday, told Nigerians criticising her appointment, to `keep quiet.’
Governor Rochas Okorocha swore in 28 commissioners into office on Monday, including Ololo who incidentally is his biological sister.
Ololo, slammed her critics on her twitter handle @MrsOgechiOlolo which she joined this month.
“Let me educate Nigerians on this, for those lacking ignorance. United Arab Emirates has ministers of happiness and they are ahead of us.
“I am truly surprised by the outbursts of young Nigerians on his excellency; Dr Rochas Okorocha. If you don’t understand something, keep quiet, read and research. Make good use of your senses.
The Commissioner said the mandate of her office includes:
1. To ensure citizens of Imo state remain happy despite the economic meltdown and Biafran fiasco.
2. To ensure couples in Imo state have a reduced divorce rate and better fulfilled marriages
3. Cater to welfare of the the average Imo indigene.
She also assured that:“In a time when divorce is at an all time high, I will use my good office to ensure couples in Imo will be fulfilled and serve as an example to the world
- INEC to conduct mock voter accreditation in Delta
- NSCDC warn officers against careless handling of firearms during
- Businesses crumble in Kaduna as traders lament scarcity of new, old naira notes
- Adeleke directs immediate payment of arrears of half salaries for civil servants
- INEC speaks on PVC safety as gunmen burn Anambra office
- Fuel scarcity: IPMAN assures petrol will be available in two weeks
- Why we are fighting corruption — Lai Mohammed
- EFCC restates commitments to tackling electoral fraud
- OPINION: As Kunle Akogun Hits Diamond Age
- PHOTO NEWS: Late Emir of Dutse requests to be buried in public cemetery