The Minister of Communications and Digital Economy, Dr Isa Pantami, unveiled the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) Strategic Management Plan 2020 – 2024.
The Strategic Management Plan (SMP) is aimed at leveraging on the National Digital Economy Policy and Strategy as well as the National Broadband Plan 2020 – 2025, in the creation of a seamless strategy towards the actualisation of Digital Economy in the country.
Dr Pantami in his remarks at the launch stressed on the need for the commission to be focused on the implementation of the strategy, saying that President Buhari has graciously approved the Ministry’s request to focus more on the promotion of a Digital Economy in an attempt to diversify Nigeria’s economy, and also maintains that NCC as a regulatory body needs to drive developmental regulation in Nigeria.
The Minister identified five components needed in the implementation of a strategy as People; Resources; Structure; System and Orientation” and called on the commission to provide his office with a monthly report on progress made.
The launch and unveiling is in line with the directives of President Muhammadu Buhari on ensuring all parastatals and agencies of government under the supervision of a Ministry are efficient and effective in service delivery to Nigerians.
- Opinion: Peter Obi and the Obidient’s futile effort faking Sultan’s endorsement
- New Naira Notes: Police begins patrol of banks in Kwara
- Naira redesign: Customers urge CBN to sanction banks not paying N20,000 over the counter
- Fuel scarcity: IPMAN laments inability to source products
- Gov. Akeredolu swears in new chief judge, 4 high court judges
- Two suspects arrested for possessing, selling counterfeit N1000 notes
- Nigerian Actress enters trouble for spraying, stepping on new naira notes
- TINUBU’S CAMPAIGN SHUTS DOWN EKITI, SAYS NOTHING CAN STOP APC’S VICTORY
- 2023: Muslim Media Watch Urges Security Agencies To Fine-Tune Strategies
- IGP orders arrest, prosecution of sellers of new naira note