An entire family of seven who were wiped out by a speeding driver in Benue State have been laid to rest in Mbaabir, Gwer East Local Government Area of Benue State.
Saturday PUNCH learnt that the man, who has been identified as Vangeryina Agbose,and his wife with five children in tow, were on their way back from an outing when they were crushed by a speeding driver in a Toyota Picnic around Taraku area of the state.
There was a lot of sobbing among residents of Mbaabir, the family’s country’s home, who trooped out to witness the burial of the family as they were laid side by side in seven graves on Wednesday, Saturday PUNCH learnt.
But it is unclear what has happened to the driver of the vehicle involved or whether he was in custody.
The spokesperson for the Benue State Police Command, Mr. Moses Yamu, said he got no report about the accident and could not say whether the driver of the car, which killed the family was in custody.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- 62 National Day, Sen. Enang urges Nigerians to keep hope alive
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment