An entire family of seven who were wiped out by a speeding driver in Benue State have been laid to rest in Mbaabir, Gwer East Local Government Area of Benue State.
Saturday PUNCH learnt that the man, who has been identified as Vangeryina Agbose,and his wife with five children in tow, were on their way back from an outing when they were crushed by a speeding driver in a Toyota Picnic around Taraku area of the state.
There was a lot of sobbing among residents of Mbaabir, the family’s country’s home, who trooped out to witness the burial of the family as they were laid side by side in seven graves on Wednesday, Saturday PUNCH learnt.
But it is unclear what has happened to the driver of the vehicle involved or whether he was in custody.
The spokesperson for the Benue State Police Command, Mr. Moses Yamu, said he got no report about the accident and could not say whether the driver of the car, which killed the family was in custody.
- Respect culture of your host communities– Traditional ruler to corps members
- Court orders INEC to accept Labour Party’s candidates in 24 states
- Kwara Govt engages additional 200 sweepers to improve public hygiene
- El-Rufai insists Aso Rock cabal working against Tinubu, vows to unmask them
- Court dissolves Ganduje’s daughter 16-year-old marriage, orders return of dowry
- 522,000 PVCs uncollected in Edo – INEC
- INEC to conduct mock voter accreditation in Delta
- NSCDC warn officers against careless handling of firearms during elections
- Businesses crumble in Kaduna as traders lament scarcity of new, old naira notes
- Adeleke directs immediate payment of arrears of half salaries for civil servants