The newly appointed political office holders have been advised to harness the numerous opportunities available in the nation to consolidate on the nascent democracy towards providing dividends of democracy to the electorates.
In his congratulatory message to Commissioners, Special Advisers, Senior Special Assistants and Special Assistants, issued in Ilorin on Thursday, the Makama Lafiagi, Alhaji Tajudeen Audu, enjoined them to display competence and professionalism in the discharge of their duties.
Alhaji Audu who is also a Chieftain of the All Progressives Congress, (APC) and governorship aspirant in the forthcoming general election commended Governor Abdulfatah Ahmed for appointing and constituting yet another brand of Executive Council in the state.
He however urged the beneficiaries to see their appointments as a rear privilege and call to service to further strengthen the nation’s democratic practice, patriotism as well as national consciousness.
Audu however sued for peace amongst the new executives even as he advised them to desist from any act that could be detrimental to their reputation and offices.
The APC chieftain therefore appealed to the people of the state to continue to support the Governor Ahmed -led government as well as the entire APC leadership towards enhancing governance.
ROYAL NEWS gathered that Makama Lafiagi is one of the political gladiators in the Kwara North Senatorial District with many admirers.
- FG vows to increase workers’ minimum wage
- New Naira notes: Police warn against violence
- Agriculture contributes 23.78% to GDP – Minister
- PHOTO NEWS: Peter Obi visits Emir of Ilorin
- 2023 elections: NUT opens up on candidate to vote
- World Cancer Day: DevComms advocate public literacy for earlier detection
- Fuel Scarcity: Transporters Demand Removal of Sylva, Kyari
- APC postpones presidential campaign rally in Oyo indefinitely
- Ibadan records another protest over scarcity of fuel, new naira notes
- Peter Obi arrives Kwara for Presidential Campaign rally (photos)