Wife of the Vice President, Dolapo Osinbajo is at the Senate to witness voting process on the 68 proposed amendments to the 1999 Constitution.
Mrs. Osinbajo was accompanied to the Senate chamber by the Minister of Women Affairs, Paulin Tallen, Director General of Women Development Centre and other women leaders.
Senate President Ahmad Lawan who welcomed the Vice President’s wife to the Senate commended women for showing interests in the constitutional development in the country.
Recalled that the First Lady of Nigeria, Aisha Buhari was, last Tuesday, at the National Assembly to observe the laying of the report of Ad hoc Committee on the 1999 Constitution Review.
Aisha Buhari was accompanied by the Minister of Women Affairs, Pauline Tallen, the Minister of Finance, Zainab Ahmed and a delegation of Nigerian women to the parliament.
They were in the parliament to show support for a bill to have more female parliamentarians at the federal and state legislatures and other provisions that deal with women issues.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal