By Arowona Abdulazeez
Senate President Abubakar Bukola Saraki has admonished Nigerians to continue to have confidence in the President Muhammadu Buhari-led government and also imbibe the culture of peaceful co-existence with one another.
ROYAL NEWS reports that Saraki further expressed the hope that the country will overcome its myriad of challenges with time urging citizens to be optimistic and stay focused.
The Senate President stated this in llorin the Kwara state at the weekend while speaking with journalists shortly after inspecting some on-going constituency projects.
According to him, “My message is for us to live in peace and unity. I know that we will continue to make sacrifice, and we should be hopeful that the country will get better. We should be hopeful that we will attain our promises with time. We just have to stay focused and determined and should not get distracted. I’m sure at the end of the day, we will get there.
“But the most important thing is that there must be unity and peace, and we must be able to come together and support government to be able to do our best. People should not give up. They should be rest assured that all is going to be well.”
Speaking further, Senator Saraki disclosed that some sections of the society have opted to question the allocation of constituency projects for members of the parliament owing to their ignorance.
He also explained that “It was clear to the discerning minds that the projects were real contrary to the impression that constituency project was an avenue to fritter away public funds.”
The lawmaker however expressed satisfaction with the quality and pace of work done on some of the projects inspected, saying they will impact positively on the lives of the grass root.
His words: “I’m happy with the quality of work, am happy with the impact it has done. There has been a lot of criticism due to lack of knowledge when you talk about constituency projects. You will see these are projects needed at the grass root. These are projects people have been yearning for over ten years (ago).
“These are projects that are real unlike the impression that constituency project is just money people share. You can see that definitely, this is not the case. You will see how men, women and children, all came out with joy to show that these are projects that really impact on them. And that is the whole point of development of our budget.
“I’m happy to see that the implementation has been good. My concern has always been we can have this desire at the end of the day. So I’m happy to see the quality of work and this further shows that we used our office to facilitate the projects and ensure that we bring the dividend.
“I’m proud that those that elected us can see the benefit of the projects, and these projects are real unlike some impressions.”
- Naira redesign: Emefiele urges NASS, Nigerians to show understanding
- Fuel scarcity may affect election logistics — INEC
- SAD…. PDP campaign rally turns mourning in Sokoto as Tambuwal’s aide, Aisha Maina dies
- Nigeria attains 100% broadband penetration— Buhari
- UPDATED: Jigawa Govt annouces funeral as Emir of Dutse dies at 78
- Buhari inaugurates 5,700-hectare Irrigation Scheme, pledges more relief for flood victims
- 2023 polls will be the best, Senate President assures EU observers, Kenya’s Raila Odinga
- Ondo PoS operators increase charges over scarce new Naira notes
- Nigeria’s public debt stock increases to N44.06trn in Q3 2022 – NBS
- CBN directs banks to pay customers with ₦100, ₦50, ₦20, over-the-counter